Monday, July 23, 2012

Don't be a stalker, Be a Participant!

"What I like about Jesus' message is that we don't need to study Him anymore to know Him.  That's what the religious people at the time were promoting.  Collecting information about someone is not the same as knowing a person.  Stalkers are ordinary people who study from afar the people they're too afraid to really know.  Jesus said that unless you know Him like a child you'll never really know Him at all.  Kids don't care about facts, and they certainly don't study each other.  They're just with each other; they do stuff together.  That's what Jesus had in mind."  Love Does by Bob Goff

Something to think about, isn't it?  There are a lot of people out there today that know the Bible.  They can recite God's word better than I ever will.  They can pray elaborate prayers with beautiful words.   But, memorizing words is not the same as knowing God.  Going to church on Sunday doesn't mean that you have a strong relationship with God either.

God doesn't just want "believers."   Even the devil believes.  God wants "participants."  Our Faith is supposed to mean something.  Our Faith needs to be engaging.  The only way for that to happen is to walk with God.

Yeah, I know, we've all heard that before.  Even non-Christian's have heard that. There are books about.  Paintings about it.  But, the question is...do you practice it?  When you are in the car alone ~ do you realize God's right there beside you and take advantage of it?  God is with me where ever I go.  If I'm in the kitchen chopping veggies, I'm talking to God about my kids or things I'm worried about.  If I'm making a basket for new people at church, I am asking God to bless them and pray they feel the love I've put in.  Sometimes the quietest time I have is in the shower.  What better time to talk to God and honestly bear your troubles? 

So, don't be a stalker.  Don't just know the facts of God.  Don't fake it with beautiful words and flowery language.  Know Him as child knows his Father.  He is waiting with open arms.

"Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
for his steadfast love endures forever;
To him who alone does great wonders,
for his steadfast love endures forever;
With a strong hand and an outstretched arm,
for his steadfast love endures forever..."
Psalm 136:3-4, 12

No comments: