Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dreaming A Bit...

It is amazing how God has a plan and once He sets things in motion....once He says that it is time and not you...things fall into place.  We have been so excited about the house!  Finishing up paperwork.  We did another walk through/inspection.  We were looking for cracks, mold, something!  Yes, I know, some people might say we should have hired someone professional.  But, my thought ~  God has worked it out for us.  Kent and I both feel this is the home God had picked for us.  We walked in and it felt like home.  Our offer got accepted even though there were two put in. Papers went through easier than I imagined.  Oh, our place we are renting ~ contract doesn't expire until November.  Kent was a bit worried about making rent payments and mortgage payments.  I broke down and told her we have an offer accepted on a house.  She said congratulations and told us to put a sign out for her.  Not threats or mentioning the contract.  Just one more rent payment (August) and we are done!  So, I figure if there is something lurking in the home that we'll have to fix ...God has that covered too.

So, for now, we are pinching pennies and looking forward...and a bit of dreaming.  It drives my husband crazy, I know.  I've been looking at Lowe's and Home Depot.  Paint colors!  Flooring!Ceiling fans! Chandeliers! So many options!  :)  I can see certain things already in my head.  Okay, okay...certain things besides the other things that normally run through my head!  Mainly what comes in my head, besides giving those white walls some color, is having family and friends gathered there.  So many people have homes but don't make the time to have people over.  My home, my blessings are for me to share.

I am trying to figure out where I can put extra people to spend the night with us.  (yes, I do realize that we haven't even moved one box in.  It's part of that thinking ahead thing that can drive my husband crazy!  Anyway ~ )  Faith wants to keep her bunk bed.  That way when we have company, she can move up to the top bunk and there's a full size bed on the bottom empty.  Luke is going to have a full size bed as well.  And, one day in the future, Joey will have a full or queen size bed.  Then, with their twin beds I'll get a wood daybed and trundle for a reading nook.  When we have company, the boys can have their beds back and we have two bedrooms ready for company.  :)  Yes, I've done some thinking on this!  Doesn't that sound wonderful though?  Enough room for friends and family to come and stay.  Sounds like home to me!  What a blessing!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans
 to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: