Monday, October 3, 2011

Shadow of Your Wings


"For you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me."
Psalm 63:7-8


Isn't that beautiful? I do love Psalms. In the shadow of His wings. What does that tell you? It tells me that He will protect us. Like a stranger in a strange land, we can curl up in a ball ~ we can hide behind Him. This world is not meant for us. Once you start feeling more and more at home here ~ that is when you are getting farther and farther from God. This world brings does bring joy and friendship. It also brings hardship and sadness. Times when I just don't understand why at all. (I know..I know...I'm not supposed to know why, we already discussed that! LOL) But, the human side of me still asks that question. Why do children have to suffer with disease? Why do wonderful women have trouble conceiving? Or mothers have to go through the pain of a miscarriage? Why does cancer have to effect so many people? Why does my husband's full time job end up a part time job? (soon to be laid off) Those are the struggles on my heart I hide myself behind Christ. When God is my shield.


Through it all, we can sing for joy. Tears may be going down our cheeks. Our words might not be understood by anyone but Christ. But, joy can still be found. Why? Because His right hand will uphold us. Our strength comes not from us, but God! We have some one to lean on. Some one to protect us in ways we cannot understand. Some one who sees the whole picture and knows what we must go through to get where we need to be. We have some one who has our back.

AND ~ our future! That is why I can still have joy!

1 comment:

Kacee said...

Jen, I missed this entry somehow, but it was exactly what I needed to read tonight. I love ya, girl!! You are a wonderful writer and I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog! Am praying for you and your family. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.