Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Acceptance in Relationships


We are starting a new series in Sunday School about relationships. Reading through this weeks verses (Ruth) really made me think about what are we looking for in relationships. I believe that it boils down to acceptance and trust.

That is what I am looking for as I am searching. They don't have to love me or even like me really. Just accept me ~ warts and all. I don't pretend to be something that I am not. This is it. And, if we are to move past that stage of our relationship, we must have trust. We must trust one another to truly be there for one another. In those moments, in the middle of the mess of life, to have those you trust around you. Isn't that what we are looking for? And, once there is acceptance and trust ~ love for one another follows.

I was trying to find a different verse that talks about this. Most of the time John 13:34 is mentioned: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." Which is a great verse! I just wanted to find more.


Romans 15:7 "Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed
you, for the glory of God."


Wow! If we could do that for others! Think of that for a moment. Think about that moment when we finally make it through and Christ opens His arms for you. That welcoming. There won't be any hesitation or second thoughts. That is how we should welcome others. With love in our hearts. There isn't any hidden agenda. No one is looking down upon others. Just acceptance.


John 6:37 "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever
comes to me I will never cast out.
"



ALL that I am given ~ I will share. The blessings poured out to me ~ I will share. Isn't that beautiful? What a wonderful way to look at others. No one is cast out. Everyone is accepted. Each person you meet today ~ they are looking for the same things you are. It unites us. And, if Christ lives within me, if my body is the temple for God ~ am I accepting others as He would do??

No comments: