Friday, August 27, 2010

Just A Bit Tired...

Have you read this book before? It is one of my favorite children's books. "Sometimes I like to curl up in a ball, so no one can see me because I'm so small." Do you ever feel like that? I know that I am not alone in that feeling. We have all been there. Stress over kids, bills, work, even what's for dinner some times! I am an outgoing person. I love people. To meet new people. To help people. To talk with people. But, when it comes to conflict or feeling overwhelmed, I just clam up. I know this stems from my childhood. I know it but it's just a part of who I am.

"I find somewhere soft, somewhere cozy and small... And that's where I like to curl up in a ball."



Of course, that is not always the best thing to do. I realize that just because I put off that problem, it doesn't go away. The bills are still there. The kids are still hungry. (again!!) The job stuff will be there tomorrow. And, I still have to advocate for what's best for my kids no matter what a pain in the booty I become to the schools.


Where does that leave me? And maybe you? Do you see yourself in any of this? My Hope is that tomorrow will be better. For the Lord knows where this Journey is taking me and He knows my tomorrows. He has been with me thus far, He's not leaving me now! My Faith is that I don't walk alone. If the Lord has his eyes on the sparrow, I know that He is there with me. But, yes, I do get tired. I just want some one else to handle everything. I do believe that I am here on this Earth to learn many lessons. They are not easy ones. If they were, how would I grow? But, my 'somewhere' soft, cozy, and small is in God's Everlasting Arms. Isaiah 40:29-31



"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak,
Even youths grow tried and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
But those who Hope in the Lord will renew their strength,
They will soar on wings like Eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint."



We all stumble. We all fall. We all cry. But, even as I type this it's a lot easier to put "we" then it is to put "I". So, let me try again... I stumble. I fall. I cry. But ~ I also HOPE.

No comments: