Saturday, August 21, 2010

Grateful...


Yep, it's midnight. Yeah, I've already went to bed once. I was laying there talking to God again. About the day...the week...what's going to happen. And He seemed to tell me to slow down ~ Breathe. Just stop for a moment ~ and be thankful. To appreciate the blessings He has already given me. Remember the song about Counting Your Blessings One by One? Remember the saying about God opening window when the door is closed? Sometimes I get busy looking for a ladder to get up to the window ~ that I don't Thank God for the window until much later.


Breathe...


James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above"


Usually when I think of this verse, I think of motherhood or about Jesus. What is more perfect than a screaming, beautiful bundle of joy? Or to have Jesus die on a cross for me? But tonight when I think of this, my heart and mind opens to my other good gifts from above. The blessings in my life or the windows that were cracked. I am thankful that this new diet for Luke seems to be giving me my son back. I am thankful that my Dad is no longer in pain and can watch over Luke. I am thankful for wonderful teachers who have loved my kids during the day. I am thankful for friends that want what is best for me, even though it's not always the easy route. (and will tell me!) I am thankful for my health. I wasn't even near the borderline diabetes number! I am thankful for my job because it may not be the best ~ but it is best for my kids. I am thankful for my family. Family is not always the ones you are born with, but the ones you make memories with. I am thankful to be living here, where the beauty around me reminds me of my Creator. The mountains. The rivers. The lakes. The Eagle soaring above us. I am very grateful for my life. This journey that I am on has it's ups and it's downs. But, I am learning. I know that God has it figured out even if I don't and for that ~ I am grateful.
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." ~Ziggy (comic strip)

No comments: