Thursday, November 15, 2012

Days 12 thru 18: Thankfulness

I've been blessed with so much.  Of course, I had to mention the biggies like my kids, hubby, and home.  But there are those 'other' things that just make life a bit easier!  So, for this grouping, I am shifting gears! :)

Day 12: What a blessing a dishwasher is!  Ok, now since we've moved in our new home in August, we have not had a working dishwasher.   How I miss the days of one kid-o would empty the dishwasher, then the other kid-o would fill the dishwasher.  And so the cycle went.  Now, there is a working dishwasher in a box just waiting for a working sink in our kitchen!  It will be so soon, I just know it! :)

Day 13:  With a family of 5, having two cars is a big deal.  We have dealt with one car for a while and it was hard.  My husband and I were both tired.  He would get up to take me to work by 7:30.  Then, I would take him to work in the afternoon and pick him up at 11 p.m.  Get up the next morning and do it all over again.  By the time we went to sleep it was midnight and well ~ my body tells me it needs more sleep than that!! ;)  So, thankful to have two working cars right now.

Day 14:  I am thankful for children's picture books.  Those beautiful books filled with pictures and short sentences that get children's attention.  Those wonderful books that teach children the joy of a library!  The simple books with catchy rhymes that taught my children to read.  I love the children's section of a book store or library...just to see the magic of reading and love of books at such an early age.  It's a wonderful thing! After all, "Sometimes I like to curl up in a ball so no one can see because I'm so small..." but that's okay because we must "Step with care and great tact and remember that life's a great balancing act..."


Day 15:  Another convenience I wouldn't want to give up?  My washer and dryer!!  Oh, yes, just a few years ago our washer and dryer died on us.  The washer wouldn't ring things out so our clothes would still be very wet.  Of course at the same time, our dryer wouldn't dry no matter how many hours the thing would run.  The laundry mat ~ not much fun.  Especially with three kids.  Yes, we filled up about 4 washers.  Then about 4 or 5 dryers.  Also, walked down to a pizza place and brought pizza back for supper while we waited.   Not much fun at all.  My washer and dryer may not be the newest but I am thankful it's still hanging on!

Day 16:  I am very thankful for.....ssSHHhhhh!!....hair color!  I know, I know, it's not one of those things we like to talk about.  But, I seriously started to get gray when I was in my 20's!  I am now in my 30's and still not ready to be gray.  There are some ladies out there with beautiful silver and gray hair out there.  Really very pretty!  I am just not ready to embrace that part of me yet.  So, until then, Miss Clairol and I will meet again monthly. ;)

Day 17:  Okay, I now it's not the best thing for you.  Really far from it.  But, one of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls.  More than chocolate cake.  More than apple pie.  Yep, for my birthday give me a cinnabon with a candle in it and I'm a happy camper.  :)  Soft and warm, filled with cinnamon, and topped with cream cheese frosting.  Delish!!

Day 18:  Hummm....I am thankful for warm, homemade blankets to cuddle up with on cold winter nights.   As I have gotten older, I've learned to appreciate the colder weather.  It's time for warm homemade soup.  Treats from the oven.  Colorful fuzzy socks. Warm hot chocolate.  And, last but not least, cuddling up with blanket and a good book.  I love my homemade blankets that I've gotten over the years.  It's a wonderful thing!

No comments: