Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 1: Month of Thankfulness

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are
the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
  ~   Matthew 16:15-1

Would you know God if He were before you?
 
Would you act different if He were standing before you?
 
I think honestly we all would. 

So it is easy to forget that He is everywhere.  Not just in the church.  God is in the car with us.  Walking with us through our workday.  There is not a place that we could go that God would not walk with us.  In times of troubles, we rely on that message.  The knowledge that God will not leave us or forsake us.  The faith that will carry us through the storm.

But would we recognize the hands of God in our own life?  God is there working through others constantly.  We have to stop for a moment and recognize it.  Stop for a moment and be THANKFUL.  Many times, God is working through others to bless us.  Or maybe  God is trying to use us, to be a blessing to others.  No, God doesn't care if you have black coffee or a latte.  BUT, maybe He put you in that coffee shop at that certain time for a reason.  Maybe there is some one there that needed to see the love of Christ through us.

Day one in of a month of thankfulness would have to be my Savior that loves me warts and all.  He loved me even when I rejected him.  He has never given up on me.  He loved me through the rough patches and gave me strength when I had none.   God hears my heart when I cannot speak.  He loves my singing even when I'm off key.  :D He fills my life with hope and blessings.  I just pray for God to use my life for His purpose.

No comments: