Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finding JOY ...




"Whatever challenges you may face, whatever circumstances are weighing you down, you can choose your response. How you life your life is totally up to you. It's not dependent on your circumstances. It's dependent on your choices. Abraham Lincoln said, 'Most people are as happy as they've decided to be.'" Joel Osteen, Every Day A Friday.

I have just begun this book and this is one of the paragraph's in the first chapter. It is true though. Our praise should not depend on our circumstances. Circumstances change for better or worse. It takes us many times to places we don't understand. So often, the sound of our praise becomes silent when it needs to be the loudest.

"The enemy always fights you the hardest when he knows God has something great in store for you. You are closest to your victory when it is the darkest. That is the enemy's final stand. Don't be discouraged. Don't start complaining. Just keep offering up that sacrifice of praise." Joel Osteen, Every Day A Friday

I know that I feel convicted about this. My praises have still been there these past months. But ~ not always loud...not always felt deep in my soul...sometimes just going through the motions. That is not what JOY and PRAISE are supposed to be. In those moments, that is when the enemy is winning. In those moments of defeat and pity, the enemy has me right where he wants me.


That is when I should be praising the loudest. The joy will fill our soul as you are thanking God for what He has done in your life... The doors He is preparing to open... And the blessings He has planned for YOU. It is hard to stay in the pit of darkness and dispair when you are looking at all God has done and will do. Joy is a choice. Faith becomes stronger and the enemy cannot win.

"...he will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of dispair. For the Lord has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for his own glory." Isaiah 61:3 (NLT)

But in the King James version, it reads, "the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;"

Praise is the answer for our darkest moments. With praise, joy will come into our hearts and lift our heads toward God again. To set our eyes on the things, not on this world with it's problems, but of the promise of God.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Glad you can find praise and joy in hardship : ) That's what He wants for us. To praise Him in the good and bad. I think spring will bring changes..I'm just sure of it. There is renewal. Just as your hairs are counted and the grains of sand are numbered, He knows you and what you need. (whether you say it aloud or not). He hasn't forgotten.
Praying for you still. Love you guys!
ps-We are doing the Christmas party together!! I didn't know you were helping/on the list, and I planned a dog party (back in October when I had time!). I thought we should focus more on giving than getting. They cry when they don't get the book they want in the book exchange, so I nixed it. Ha! (I planned making dog bones/treats for the animal shelter, making fleece blankets, maybe making shrinky dink dog bone ornaments?, having pizza, sprite, and scooby snacks, and letting them bring donations for the animal shelter.) I thought we could give her a basket of pet books? I made a list of suggestions, and the kids could all sign a copy we get her (Where the Red Fern Grows, Old Yeller, Sounder, or Because of Winn-Dixie?) We'll have to talk!! : ) Also, I didn't know the party was on the 19th, and I have an ortho appt. at 2! (And I really want my braces off before Baby!) Maybe watch Santa Buddies at the end of the party??