Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Refuge

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah." Psalm 46:1-3

It is amazing how God can give you the words that you need when you need them most. I love Psalm's. I am here once again looking through the Bible and this verse is there. One that I have read many times but one that speaks to me tonight.

Don't fear...don't worry...God has it under control. It doesn't matter what is going on in your life, God knows. It could be the kids are driving you nuts. Or maybe you are trying to say good-bye to loved one that is about to be with Jesus. Or stress from the holidays. Or too many things on your to-do list and not enough of you to go around. We all have been there. I have been there. You are not alone.

God is our Father that no human could ever be. He will be there when you cry out, day or night. He will never lose His patience. His arms will always be open. The love of our Father is eternal and over-flowing.



"For how great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty!" Zechariah 10:17

1 comment:

Holly said...

Jen, what do you need today? You DO need to let people help. Remember when you said that you loved to help people? It is such a blessing. My husband used to tell me not to rob him of a blessing when he wanted to help me (pre-marriage..ha!). It does make you feel good if you can help.
Praying for you all!