Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Through Sickness & Health



Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. It's unreal in someways. I don't really feel old enough to be married that long! LOL I'm thinking that's good...yeah, that's what I'm going with. There's plenty enough days that I feel old! :) And those vows ~ through sickness and in health. I never knew how those words would play a part in our lives.

Kent has had asthma since his childhood. Yet, eight years into our marriage, he had a heart attack. He was only 39. If you ask him, he didn't have a heart attack. If you ask his doctor & me, he did. In fact, when we got to the hospital they gave him some nitros to stop it and they didn't work. Dr. Carver came out of his surgery and told me that his heart attack actually didn't stop until the stints were put in. Kent's now had a total of three stints put in, two different surgeries. Which is scary enough. He's now not only on asthma meds, but blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds. Last year, he was also diagnosed with diabetes. With that comes even more medication... more things to worry about... more things that can go wrong.

Lately, he's had more heart pain. Sometimes it's a fight of stairs. Sometimes just walking around. It's even happened at work. He has an appointment in a few weeks for his 6 month check, but I called and spoke with the nurse. I've explained what's going on and that I want some testing done to find out what's going on. She was supposed to call me back today, but because of the snow storm, they are closed. Hopefully, I will hear something tomorrow. I just don't see waiting for his appointment and then schedule some testing. We need to know now what's going on. We don't know if we have that much time to wait. I ask for your prayers right now. I know that this is very hard for my husband. He doesn't like to talk about it or to worry anyone. He doesn't like the idea of another surgery. More time off of work. However, I know that God is in control of the situation. He won't give us anything we cannot handle.

Luke 12:25-26

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?
Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

No comments: