Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Listen. . .


John 10:25-27
"Jesus answered, I did tell you but you did not believe. The works
I do in my Father's name testify about me, but you do not believe
because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice;
I know them, and they follow me."

Wouldn't it be wonderful if God's voice would answer your prayers? Or like Even Almighty and just be able to have a conversation to God. To understand Him. To see or touch Him. Yes, that day is coming. Until then ~ we are here on the this side waiting for glimpses of other side. If you are like me, sometimes it is hard to wait and listen. . .

Remember that Garth Brooks song that called "Unanswered Prayers"? This is the chorus:
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when your talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because He doesn't answer doesn't mean He don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

There are times when silence is the answer from God. He knows we can handle it. Then, there are times when we ask for help, but we don't listen for the answer. I know that I do that. I talk to God all of the time. In the car. At work. At home. In the shower. But, when do I just stop... And try to listen? I go through different phases in my life where I am better at it than others. It seems that the harder my situation is ~ the more I try to stop & listen. Search for some sign from God. Yet, I know that I need help with this. It should be more consistent on my part of listening to God. I am one of the Lord's wondering sheep. He wants to keep me safe. He even wants me to be happy. He doesn't keep me fenced in, yet He watches my steps with care. What an amazing relationship that He offers each of us...if we would just listen and believe!

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

No comments: