Sunday, February 13, 2011

Psalm 25



Last week when I was reading the bible....looking for something but I didn't know what. I had a few things wrote down from Psalm 24 from church a few Sunday's ago. So, I started there. When I got to Psalm 25, I stopped and re-read it a few times. This! This is what I was looking for! You might be thinking...that was a week ago, haven't you moved on since then? Yes, but I keep going back to it. It's amazing!

David's plea...his yearning...that should be our plea. Our yearning. "Guide me in your truth and teach me" for "my hope is in you" (v5). My hope is not here in this world. I'm very thankful for that. This world if falling apart. My hope is knowing there is God that loves me. Mistakes and all. He wants me to do better...be better...yet, understands when I fall and extends His grace. Even David can look at his life and see mistakes.

(v7) "Do not remember the sins of my youth and rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me, for you Lord, are good."

In verses 16-18, David speaks about the anguish carrying around these mistakes can be. He cries out to God to "be gracious", "relieve the troubles of my heart," and to "take away all my sins." As I grow in my relationship with the Lord, it does just that..it grows. My trust and my faith has strengthened through the storms He has allowed in my life. It becomes different. It's not enough to just to go through life not stealing and murdering. Honestly, I don't have a problem with that! ;~) I don't believe that was David's problem either. It's the little sins that can sneak in our day and our life. The anger towards another, rightful or not. The little white lies we think doesn't matter. The judements we can make based on color, language, wealth, or anything else. To those in the world, these little things don't really matter. After all we are not breaking any of man's laws. Man does not care if we're angry and lie. But, I think when we are saved, that we are held to a higher standard. We are striving to be like Christ. Remember the story in John chapter 4 about Jesus and the woman at the well? She was first of all a woman and an outcast. Many believe she was a prostitue. Yet, Jesus not only speaks to her but offers her the living water..He overs her hope. How many people have we walked by without speaking to? How many have we judged? What a wonderful reminder that I needed.


(v20-21) "Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be
put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope, Lord, is in you."

No comments: