Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Break!!

I must be getting old.  I admit it now.  (Tomorrow I might be in denial, so take it moment by moment people! LOL)  I've been looking around at social media this week and looking at everyone's vacation photos --  New York, California, Colorado, ect. ..... beautiful pictures that look like fun.  We have been home.  And.. it is right where I want to be.  I don't take it for granted like I used to.

We've been working on the home that God has blessed us with.  Yes, the kids would rather be some where else then having mom tell them to get their work clothes on.  But, what a blessing the past few days have been. Digging in the dirt and playing with the worms.  A friend gave me some lilies to add to my collection up front.  So the front is almost full! :)  In the back flowerbed, I'll be replanting some of the plants Ms. Myrtle left me that have been struggling to survive for several years.  The ornamental grass and the cannas are going.  I found homes for the cannas.   It has not much fun digging that grass up.  My thighs might be sore, but progress makes me feel good!

The original flowerbed with overgrown ornamental grass, cannas, daffodils,
and bushes.  There is even tulips in there!  The flowers were so overgrown
with grass  they barely flower.

We finished the front flowerbed and halfway through the side one.  Blank canvas
 waiting to be planted!
So spring break is almost over.  My house is still dirty.  My laundry is still not caught up.  But, I still have that feeling of accomplishment.  We did get some things done around here.  Fall might be my favorite season, but spring is a close second.  :)  My lilies and hostas that I planted last year are breaking through the dirt.  Love it!  We are almost through digging up the years of overgrown stuff.  Bushes are about gone!!  One more left at the end of flowerbed.  I think Ms. Myrtle would like what we've done.  Things she just couldn't do any longer.  We did get to squeeze in a fun day in Eureka Springs. I hope that you've enjoyed your spring break whether it's been all fun or work days or a mixture of both!

Faith and my niece, Abby, sharing some ice cream :)

No comments: