Tuesday, August 27, 2013

There will be days like this...

there will be days like this....

my momma' said....

Remember that song?  Life.  Sometimes life gets in the way of the happy ending.

Life.  When your alarm clock goes off, you walk in the dark hallway, and step in a mess your puppy left you.  Those days when you are so tired, you fall asleep at 5 p.m. on the couch, then wake yourself up by snoring too loud.  Of course, that's when you look around and the kids are laughing at you, then make the mistake of asking for supper afterwards.  (that was a fend for yourself night!)

Life.  It's not always easy.  Our jobs.  Our kids.  Even their things.  We have so much pulling at us daily.  Those days when I wake up with a headache... I am already taking Tylenol before my day has really begun.  Not a good sign! I watch old shows and wonder what it would be like to just slow down for a while.  The kids weren't in a couple sports plus extra curricular activities like band or choir.  Or we didn't add in some piano lessons after school as well.  We weren't always needing to go somewhere.

As I drift off into a nap, my mind takes me to the Brady Bunch and I realize that's wayyyy too many kids for me! LOL   I clear my head and realize that my happily ever after is now.  This is where I am.  This is where God wants me.  Instead of wishing things were different,   I need to enjoy the blessings God has given me.  He has blessed us so much.  He has taken care of me through difficult times when I could no longer see the light.  I know that God will see me through this day with annoyances it will bring.  After all, this is My Happily Ever After.

This is the day that the Lord has made
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24
 


No comments: