Monday, January 23, 2012

Miracles Past And Present


"Seek the LORD and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
Remember the wondrous works that he has done,
his miracles..." Psalm 105:4-5



The Bible is full of Miracles everywhere. There are healings, feeding people, and the Red Sea to name a few. But, today, in this world...what do we have? Cancer. Famine. Heart Disease. Autism. Alzheimer's. Stroke. And that's just the beginning. Each of us are touched by this in some way. Heartache is everywhere. This world is so far from the Garden on Eden.

It is very easy to miss the miracles that God sends our way now...each day. Little pieces of encouragement to keep us going. Sunrises and sunsets. Sweet kisses. Laundry being done. We need to remember, though, not to limit God. God can still do the big stuff. God is still a healing God. (can I get an AMEN!) God can still take the rain in our life and create a rainbow. God can take little ol' you and me and make us the image of God. Yes, Big Stuff.

So many things do not happen the way I think it should. (be honest, I know it's not only me!) Or maybe I think that God's timer is a bit off and it needs rewound to get moving again. (again, not just me, right?!) We need to just LET GO. (me included on that) God has a plan that you may not understand right now. You need to look back on your lives and remember all that God has brought you through. The Miracles that God has made possible. God has brought you this far and He's not about to let you down now.

No comments: