Monday, January 30, 2012

Becoming More Me



If I heard anything from older, wiser women it is this: 1) My kids will be grown-up and gone before I know it, so I better enjoy these moments when I want to kill them. And 2) The 30's were some of their best years. Here I am in the middle of my 30's wondering if I'll be able to say that.

For women, the 20's can be hard. Still unsure about them self. Some are by themselves wondering if or when they will fall in love. Some are newly married and trying to figure that out. Some are a new Mommy tired, exhausted, and nervous. In your 20's, it still very easy to be concerned about what other's are thinking ...and saying...about you. Old friends seem to disappear into their own lives leaving you to create one of your own. Which, I found a bit scary at the time.

Now, in my 30's, I am more....huummmm....I am becoming more ME. My beliefs are not easily shaken. My faith is strong. I am still self-conscience but not as much as in my 20's. (I think that's part of being a woman!) I know what I like and what I don't like. Which is good and bad because I realize that I don't like any of my furniture!! LOL My kids are freaking out a bit because I am looking at red, purple, and yellow things on Craigslist! ;D I'm an old iron bed with a quilt on it. Handmade throws for the couch kinda' girl. The rocking chair which I rocked all my children in. (I sound like an old lady, don't I?) I am a God's Girl that loves to serve and be involved. I am having friends and family over...just because. I am an open door and an open heart. I realize that in my 30's, I am becoming more ME. And, I think that's okay.


"You can't expect to find this amazing person if you're
not growing and becoming a better person yourself...the
harvest depends on the seed." ~ Unknown


Oh ~ one more thing... just a litte update. Our month of January service project will be Saturday (yes, I know it's February 4th..lol) at LifeSource in Fayetteville. I can't wait!!

No comments: