Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking Ahead


I was looking at last year's post about the coming year, Focus of 2011. It is always interesting to see what you thought would happen. I mentioned my word for 2009 was forgiveness. For 2010, it was struggles. In 2011, well, I thought that I was done with the pruning and moving on to the sowing. It turns out that God was not through pruning me yet! I'd say now, looking back on the year, my word for 2011 was faith.

What about the New Year? What word will be the focus of 2012? I don't really know. I'm not sure what next month will bring. The word that comes to mind is renewal. My favorite verses comes to mind:


"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the
weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble
and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow
weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

Renewal. Our strength maybe weak. We may be tired and weary. The world has a way of beating you up and throwing you down. But, God, He is the source of my renewal. He is the source of my strength. He can be yours too. Each and every day, I am renewed in Him. I am restored in Him. I am revived in Him. I am made new again. I will walk and not be faint. I shall stay the coarse and keep walking.... funny the things that God will pop in your head to bring a smile...in my head I hear Dory from Finding Nemo singing... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." That is what I shall do.

No comments: