Sunday, March 13, 2011

His Grace is Sufficient

"Three times I pleaded with my Lord to take it away from me. But He said
to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in
weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness,
so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ sake, I
delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, I am strong." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:8-10


What a wonderful scripture to hold your life up to! I'm not sure that 'delight' is the word that I think of when I go through hardships and difficulties. However, I do understand the meaning. When I am weak ~ then it gives opportunity for God to be strong. It gives me the chance to show by example the love of Christ inside of me. The Faith inside. The Peace inside. Throughout the chaos this world will bring, Christ pours out His grace. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:13:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Isn't that so true? I would not have made it this far without the strength of Christ or without the hope that He brings. Are there trials that are in your life right now? Sometimes they are small and insignificant. There are times when they are life changing. I pray that what ever circumstance you find yourself in right now, that you have the Grace and Hope that only Christ can provide.

No comments: