Friday, March 4, 2011

Created for Good

Ephesians 2:8-10

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not

from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works so that no on can

boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do

good works, which God prepared in advanced for us to do."


Sometimes God has to beat it over your head to get your attention. Or maybe it's just me? :) Verse 10 has been brought to my attention not just once lately. I can think of at least three times in the last couple days God has given me this verse. I'm thinking that He wants me to pay attention.

It's the last part of this verse that makes me re-read time and time again. We are supposed to be doing good works which God's already made plans for. He has things set up for us. Prepared for us. Yes, we have the choice if we're going to do it or not because of free will but God's already set it us for us. Wow! Now, it's up to us and decide if we're ready to step our on faith and do it!

I've been reading "If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat" by John Ortberg. It really is a great book that I recommend. I've been going through it slowly and just trying to absorb it instead of just reading it. I will have to write a post about it. Right now though, I'm just open. Open to the possiblities. Open to God's direction. Open to friendship. Open to help others...just open.

No comments: