Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekend Progress...

Woo-hoo!!  Teacher-in-service equals a three day weekend for us! :)  And, I have made some progress around here.  Long way from done...but progress!
 

Some friends of ours gave us a few 5 gallons of paint.  I bought one gallon of the color we chose (in a darker shade) and mixed it with two gallons of the light tan.  Ta-Da!  Three gallons of terra cotta for the cost of one!  Good bye white walls!  Hello warm desert colors! :)  I will do some more tomorrow after church.  Maybe I can get our "L" shaped hallway done this weekend!


My first thing from Pinterest! Homemade Laundry Soap! Simple and easy with only 3 ingredients!  Oh yeah, less than six dollars and I have two gallons of laundry soap.  And, have enough stuff to make another batch or two!  YEAH!!  Smells great too!



My laundry room is painted a light turquoise  I found this wonderful saying to put on the wall.  I love it!  :)  I read it every time I go in to do laundry and it makes me smile.  We still have a long ways to go but we are getting there.  It is wonderful just to start.  I feel blessed every time I pull up in the driveway. 

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Isn't that the truth? ;)  I hope that your having a great weekend as well!


No comments: