Saturday, September 22, 2012

View of Politics

My goodness ~  it is that time again.... Politics

I usually keep my mouth closed when it comes to politics.  Everyone thinks that their opinion is the right one.  Some people are so closed minded that there's no use even talking.  If you turn on some news cast, the truth is so altered that it becomes watered down.  Then, those listening accept it as the truth and their opinions grow. 

Republicans ...  Democrats ....  first of all they are politicians.  Good.  Bad.  Ugly.  It's all there.  One label doesn't make one better than the other.  I don't judge a book by it's cover.  You have to read the book.  Way back when, those labels meant something.  Now, well, they are just a label to get elected under.  Do I believe in abortion?  No.  So, that means I am a republican, right?  Nope. Do I believe in the trickle down effect?  No.  The rich just got richer and the poor got poorer.  So, that means that I am a democrat?  Nope.

So, please don't judge me.  I when I vote, I look at the person ~ not the label.  Just because some is labeled a republican doesn't mean his/her morals are Godly and just.  For instance, a certain political candidate right now is labeled republican.  He is also a Mormon.  Which means, he believes only Mormons go to the celestial kingdom.   (the best level of heaven according to them) Also, that they "are co-eternal with God and have the potential to become Gods themselves."  I had to read that a few times.  Seriously, they believe they become God's themselves and have spirit children.  Okay, not anywhere near what I believe.  Will I cross him out because he believes a different way than I do?  No, but it also doesn't mean that I will vote for him because he has a nice label on.

I know that might get some backlash from this.  But it gets old.  I know some people that vote republican just because the label once upon a time meant they had Godly morals.  I know a lot of people that believe everything FOX news spits out.  I don't believe everything ANY one says if it's about politics.  My two cents during any political campaign is to use your knees and your head.

1)  Hit your knees and pray for guidance.  2)  Do research yourself and use the brain that God gave you.  Pretty good advice for politics and in life.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Great post Jen!

MrsRobinson said...

Well said friend! MSNBC FOX they are all "commentary" they are "talk shows" talking about news that REAL reporters have already found out. It's not journalism and it's not news it's entertainment and we all need to seek outside of them for the truth. We need to do our own research not rely on others. Makes me think of an old wise saying "the blind leading the blind" :) love you