Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Thoughts


One of our favorite things to do as a family is put up the Christmas tree. We unwrap each ornament and each of the kids get to place 'their' ornament on the tree. Until a couple years ago, they each picked out a new one each year. When they started kindergarten, they each got an ornament for school. Now, we add a family picture to the tree each year. As you can see, it's not just about my kids. It's about family. I love to see how much they've grown and changed through the years. Look at my niece and nephew in the corner picture. They are both in college now! My niece at the top is in kindergarten. My Dad passed on last year. My tree may not be the fanciest tree with ribbons and bows. But, I look at my tree and I see the connections of family. The love of family. It's become so large that my pretty ornaments don't even make the tree anymore! And ~ I wouldn't have it any other way!

This year has been harder for me to get into the Christmas spirit. It has been a hard year in many ways. Yet, I'll stay up and sit and look at our tree in the silence of the evening, and the meaning of Christmas is there. The love of Christ is so apparent in the blessings He has given. I love the saying that the most important things in life are not things. It is so true!

But, even so, with Christmas comes a little Christmas shopping. :-D Most people know that I'm not a big shopper. Honestly! Kent lucked out on that one! Unless, of course, it's Christmas time! I love to go looking (and some buying) for my kids, my nieces, my newphew, my Mom. Yes, as they get older, it becomes more of a challenge. But, it's kinda a test to see how well you know them! ;-) I do admit it though. I broke down and asked my newphew what he needed. So, I have two weeks left and one gift to buy yet for Faith. And, I know what it is. Not bad, not bad at all. Good Luck to you as you finish you Christmas shopping!

No comments: