Friday, July 23, 2010

First Time...






Where I am ...

It seems weird to be writing again. It has always been the easiest way for me to express myself, yet some how ~ it became lost. In high school, I wrote poetry trying to get my point across. Most of it, never read by others. Then, early twenties, it was the journal. Trying to figure out how my life got to that point and what to do with it now. I'd go to Hastings and buy a couple self help books, read, and journal. I figured out how to Forgive. I learned that forgiveness is not for the other person, but for yourself. I also learned to Let Go. That hanging on to the pain is not true forgiveness, but you must let go so the pain and hurt have no control over you any longer. Looking back, I am amazed really that I got it at such a young age. That is when my relationship with God began. I know that God was there.
Guiding me.
Healing me.
Forgiving me.
I am glad that I learned about forgiveness and letting go then, so I no long carry the baggage from my past. My childhood. I can move on to other lesson's this journey has for me. Fast forward several years and here I am. Still a Follower. A mother of three, two boys and a girl. Still on this journey which only God knows where I'll end up (yes, I know that He does) and what lessons are in store.

No comments: