Saturday, September 12, 2020

Changes

 It's really hard to believe that it's September and I haven't wrote in months.  I haven't wrote since Covid took over the world.  I haven't even wrote about my baby girl graduating.  So, much to catch up on.  But, that will have to be for another night.  Tonight, God has been speaking truth to me as I've been debating somethings.  God's truth brings peace and clarity.  After all, there are times in our lives when we are full and have so much to give.  Times when God's truth and light just comes from within us.  Times when praying comes easy.  

Then there are other times when praying are the tears running down our face.  Times when clarity isn't there and peace is no where in sight.  Life isn't always easy.  And there are a times when I just don't want to be the grown up in the room.  Ever feel that way??  Please just let some one else step up or take responsibility.  Please just me give me a snack and let me go outside and play.  

The past couple years, I've had more tears than words when I pray.  More times when I feel drained then filled with the Spirit.  More wondering why things have to be this way, then answers.  I feel, for lack of any other words, unsupported.  In Galatians 6:2 it says, "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."  I've shared some of my struggles with my Mom's dementia in small group.  I've truly shared my husband's health struggles with a few people over the past couple years. 

I know that everyone is busy with their own life, but a simple text to someone who might need it can make a difference.  I know that chocolate can help a lot too.  I try to be that person. Fresh chocolate chip cookies has been delivered to many homes through the years.  Not to say that always think of others, but I try.  If I know your struggling, I will support you in any way I can.  Sometimes it's just listening.  Sometimes it's praying.  A lot of times, it's food.  I'm not putting this out there to say I'm awesome, because I'm not.  Lord knows I miss things and my list of faults is long. 

And, I am thankful for the few friends I have that do randomly just text me just to see how things are.  I'm just putting it out there because I can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome.  I need to make a few changes for me. That's just the way it is.

Corinthians 13:11  "Finally, brothers, rejoice.  Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

Doesn't that sound wonderful?  The God of love and peace will be with you!

No comments: