Thursday, February 2, 2017

Faith, 14 - Luke, 17 - Joey, 19
I cannot believe it's been two years since my last post.  But then again, in some ways I can.  Life tends to get away from us.  One day leads to another.  Soon enough a week has past.  Which turns into a month...then a year.

I turn around and my kids are grown.  Last year was Joey's graduation.  I was dehydrated before graduation day even got here!  The last football game when the band played.  The last band concert.  Senior assembly.  It was one thing after another tugging on this Momma's heartstrings.  Now he is going to the community college full time and working part time.  He trying to reach his goal realizing that after high school isn't near as much as fun as you imagine.

This year is Luke's graduation.  After all these years of IEP meetings, meeting with teachers, going above to administration downtown - basically being a pain in several people's butt -- it is coming to an end.  I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  Because after 12 years of fighting, Luke is loving his senior year and has straight A's.  He has options for his future thanks to his high school and a teacher that believes in him. This Momma will crying those ugly tears very soon this year.

Then, comes my baby girl.  It doesn't matter how old she is - she will always be my baby girl.  Faith is now a Freshman and will be starting high school this fall.  She made the varsity soccer team and she plays the trumpet.  Her life right now is basically homework, soccer, band, a nice boyfriend, and a few good friends.  I am just praying that she learns to balance the stress she puts on herself to make straight A's.  Her stress level can be high at times but with her supportive friends, she is doing well.

Well, that is a start.  Letting you know where the kids are right now. I am looking forward to writing again.  It's a part of me that I have missed.  In a time where everything is face paced - it is good to slow down for a moment.  God can reveal things in everyday moments - we just have to notice.


                        "Those who are the happiest, never did have everything.
                        But rather, they are thankful for everything they do have."

No comments: