Thursday, December 19, 2013

Frustration



Frustrated.

That's where I find myself.  I am an opinionated person.  I'll admit that.  However, I usually talk about it with a few people and keep it to myself around others.  I am not good at confronting my source of frustration.  I bury it until I get to this point and I want to explode.  Yes, I do know it's not the healthiest way of dealing with things.  :D

Also know that it's not the attitude that I should have.  We are supposed to be like God.  God puts up with a lot from us... from me.  Yet, He loves me through it all.  He doesn't throw up His hands with me and walk away. 

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 
or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 
 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing,  but  rejoices with the truth. 
 Love bears all things, believes  all things, hopes all things, 
endures all things."  1 Corinthians 13:4-7

That is a lot to live up to.  Love is long suffering.  Frustration is short-tempered.  But, I am human and sometimes this world makes it hard to be here.  Sometimes people make it hard.  Sometimes I get tired of biting my tongue and going with the flow.  What am I supposed to do?  Give it all to Him. 

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly
 in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy,
 and my burden is light.”  1 Matthew 11:28-29

 So, I am trying.  Right now, honestly, I am not there yet.  I don't want to bury it until it pops back up later.  I want to let go of it.  I'll get there.  Just not today....

 "casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: