Friday, July 12, 2013

5 Minute Friday: Present

It is that time again....to write for 5 minutes flat....no editing...writing from the heart and sharing with others.  It is part of Gypsy Momma blog.  Today's topic:  Present.  

Starting... Now....

Each day seems to pass quickly.  One right on top of each other.   After all, it is already July!  One trip into Hobby Lobby and you would think December is next month.  In the back of my mind, I know it will be here soon enough.  These months pass all too fast and quickly turn into years.

I look at my kids and realize that my time with them is limited.  Soon, I will be another mom with empty nest syndrome.  :(  But, right now, I have to make an effort to be present.  Not just in the same room, but to be involved and in-touch with my children.  So, that even when they venture out and leave, we will have a deep connection.  And wonderful memories to look back upon.

I need to lead by example how much God is present in every aspect of our lives.  How much I rely daily on His strength.  How God is always present and we must live our lives as if this is true.  God is not just a part of our lives on Sundays and Wednesday, but He is in our lives at all times.  The world would be a better place if we all lived like this. 

STOP

Mother's Prayer 

Lord, give me strength just for today
To lead my children in your way;
Oh, give me wisdom, Lord, and grace
To show to them your precious face!

And help me, Lord, to teach them, too,
The things of Christ so rich and true,
Just let them see in me, dear Lord,
Your holiness in life and word.

by  Unknown

1 comment: