Monday, January 28, 2013

Lord is near the brokenhearted

Where are you emotionally right now?  Are things finally coming together and your feeling confident?  Are you in that middle ground of just waiting?  Or are things just becoming overwhelming and you don't know what do to do?  Do tears fall easily even when you put on the happy face for others?

Our prayer list grows at church.  So many people in pain.  So much cancer and disease taking our loved ones home.  Accidents that happen which change lives.  This world is full of pain.  I am thankful for the words of comfort that our Lord gives us. 

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me
  and delivered me from all my fears."  Psalm 34:4

Fear.   One of those four letter words that can keep you up at night.  When a situation hits you in the face, fear can grab your heart.  Fear for yourself.  Fear for others.  Fear of the unknown.   But, when you hit knees and cry out to God ~ He takes away the fear.  For it is ALL in His hands.  There is no better place to leave your worries than at God's feet.
  
 
"The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous
and His ears toward their cry."  Psalm 34:15

God hears our cry.  Even when words cannot be spoken from the tears in our eyes.  God hears the cries of our hearts.  Not only does He hear our pain, He cares.  Understand this:  God loves YOU.  Not later when you lose 30 pounds. Not if you color your hair or wear certain clothes.  God loves your soul.  Right now.

"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears
    and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    and saves the crushed in spirit.
 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
    but the Lord delivers him out of them all."
 Psalm 34:17-19

Thank you, Lord, for hearing me and comforting my soulThank you for all of those times which you delivered me.  Lord, I lift up my friends right now.  The ones hurting deep inside.  I know that you are the great comforter.  I pray that You will make your presence known and fill them with a peace that only You can provide.   I pray that you will use me in anyway you can. Amen.

No comments: