Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We have KEYS!

It's hard to believe that I just got my keys yesterday.  It seems SO unreal to actually walk in there and think that this is OURS!!  (well, ours and the bank..but I don't like to include them!)   I called Kent and walked around room to room (he was at work) just squealing.  Then, I got off the phone and felt overwhelmed by the amount of stuff left.  Seriously, every room was full still.  Things were still in dressers.  Towels still in cabinets.  Clothes (seriously vintage 70's clothes!) were hanging in closets.  Packed!!  Not a few.  Packed!

Then, I went back to my stack of papers from closing and saw a letter that she wrote to us.  She told how hard this move was for her.  It said how hard it's been living alone since her husband died and how people have tried to help her.  Then, she said how the Lord sent us to her.  How overwhelmed she was trying to deal with everything in her home.  And what a blessing we were to her.  Okay, seriously.  I am a bit emotional.  (did not ask for any opinions Kent! anyway...)  But, by the time I got through with that two page letter, I was crying so hard I couldn't talk. 

So, in the space of about 10 minutes, I called Kent bubbly and excited like a little kid Christmas morning..to the I'm crying so hard I cannot speak and give me a moment.  He was a bit worried as you can imagine.  What's wrong?  What did you find?  Is everything okay?  I finally got out that she wrote us a letter.  I am probably glad that I did not see his face because I probably would have covered all the emotions and got mad! :~P 

I was ready to begin now going through Ms. Myrtle's things.  She felt like a family member by now.  I was so wrapped up in the moment, that I didn't even think of taking "before" pictures.  But, I did get some today.  While looking please remember that there are over 60 (yes seriously stopped counting at that number!) trash bags outside waiting for pick up tomorrow.  There is also one room just designated for yard sale stuff.  But, we only have one room to go through tomorrow.  The rest are done!  We still have to move Ms. Myrtle's furniture out and around but they are now empty! :)

It's even more full now! :)

So different than when we began yesterday

Little touches like this which I love :)

One will be the living room and the other one will be a formal dining room with a reading/writing nook.  :)  I'll update more pictures as we go.  We are going to get paint for Faith's room tomorrow since her room is totally empty.  Can't wait to see how much we can get done before I pick them up on Saturday morning!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh gosh!! Congratulations on your new house! : ) Hope Faith got her room painted, and you guys are all settled. I'm obviously a bit behind..having the baby and all! haha!
Mary Claire will really miss having Faith in her class this year. : ( I hope she is loving school-she's so sweet!