Thursday, August 2, 2012

Plans for a New Start

We are yet again find ourselves collecting boxes and packing up.  But, I've never been more happy to see that sight!  I don't even have to ask the kids to help pack.  As soon as we get boxes, they are ready to get them filled.  Monday we get to sign the papers and get the keys!  Of course, that is after I drop the kids off at camp on Sunday afternoon.  :)

The kids and I have been going through paint samples since we put an offer on the first house the end of February.  Yes, this home has many hopes and dreams already.  Faith's color is called Crystal Aqua.  Doesn't that sound beach-y?  Luke's color is called Fisherman's Net.  It's a perfect outdoors-y color for him.  Joey's is called Soothing Green Tea.  He wanted bright red walls ~ I told him to pick another color! I've done red walls before and not doing it again! My room color is called Lilac Whisper.  Doesn't that sound light and airy?  Luckily Kent really doesn't care what color is on the walls! :)  Yeah Me!  The living room/dinning room will be a nice neutral color.  But I want lots of desert colors added with curtains, furniture, and rugs.  I love the reds, blues, oranges, and yellows. I love the warm colors that invite you to stay awhile.

We have a long ways to go.  We have carpet to tear up.  Even some wonderful wool yellow and green plaid carpet in the kitchen that was glued down...that will be fun.  Kitchen needs an overhaul.  It still has a push button 27" drop in stove! The only way to get a standard 30" stove is to mess up the cabinets.  I can see my new kitchen in my mind even though I know that it's going to be a while before we start that!  My kitchen is going to have some color! :) I still have to go through Ms. Mytrle things as well.  I will enjoy seeing what she left for us to find.

So many hopes and dreams and plans!  I am very blessed and very thankful that the Lord has given us this home.  It's hard to me to realize how long it's going to take to make it the way we want it.  (or even close to the way we want it!)  I've been planning for so long and now I'm ready to begin.  I just have to remember that even baby steps are one step closer.  Our home will be a work in progress...just like us!

No comments: