Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lead Me, Lord


"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy
name's sake lead me, and guide me." Psalm 31:3

Isaiah 40:30-31 has always been my favorite Bible verse. It has gotten me through many trials. I hold those words dear to my heart. I have found another verse that has helped me. This week when I read through these verses of Psalms, I glazed over them as I continued reading. In Psalm 18, God is called a rock and fortress with whom I take refugee. So, in my head, I thought Psalm 31 was the same to get the point across and the connect the verses. But it is so much more...

"Therefore for thy name's sake..."

the NLT version says, "For the honor of your name"

For YOUR glory, Lord, I trust you.

For YOUR glory, Lord, I will submit.

For YOUR glory, Lord, not mine.

Lead me to paths that will glorify You!

Guide me to become all that I am when You look at me!

Let my life and all that I am honor and glorify you, Lord. Change me and correct me. Help my selfishness disappear. Help me to be the wife, mother, daughter, and friend that I should be. Lead me, Lord, to become more like you. And through this journey that we are taking together, forgive my whining through the painful times. I know that change is never easy. Forgive me when I go right back and do something again...even when I know I shouldn't. I am forever your child and no matter how old I get ~ I can still act like a two-year-old. Thank You, Lord, for never giving up on me.

No comments: