Sunday, February 26, 2012

Luke's New Beginning

About 3-4 years old
Almost 13.  Looks same but bigger. Isn't it amazing?

Tonight was Luke's baptism. He wanted to get baptized on his birthday. He told me that it would be a new beginning...a new birth. Yes, seriously, my almost 13 year old was telling me this. Isn't that awesome? :) Unfortunately, Luke's birthday falls on a Tuesday this year. So, he picked to have it on his Dad and Uncle's birthday. I'm know that God has a special plan for Luke. There have been many struggles through the past 13 years. He has so much that could hold him back. So many things that are considered weak in this world. Learning disabilities. Autism. Asthma. Heart Murmur. Feet problems. So many doctors and therapists. So much that Luke has to deal with everyday just to function. But, everyday through my own circumstances, I find this to be true:

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults,
 hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am
 weak, then I am strong." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:10

I know that if it is true for me...than it is true for my son. Through Luke's weakness, God's love and grace is abundant. Through Luke, God can shine through.  Luke is one the most loving children I know. It totally annoys his brother how much Luke loves him and is not afraid to show it.(even in public! LOL) Luke loves to wear shirts professing his faith. It's not cool in middle school apparently. Some of the kids pick on him. Some of them tell them Jesus isn't real. But, you know what ~ Luke still likes to wear them.

I don't know what God's plans are for Luke. I know there are no mistakes. Luke is made for a special purpose in this world. I pray that Luke will always look to God for the answers.  And that God will always be a big part of Luke's life.   I am just lucky to be a part of His plan for Luke's life. I am a blessed and thankful Mommy.

No comments: