Monday, June 26, 2017

Be Still

Some days it is easy to find the blessings around you.  Those days where you feel your bucket overfilling spilling over.  When you just glow with happiness. You turn on the radio and it's that song you love that you haven't heard in a while.  Those days when your kids remember to say, "thank you" or "love you Momma." Those days were your gas tank isn't low and the roads are long. Then, there are the other days.....

The days when the stupid alarm won't let you sleep and it's only 5:30.  Or the other days when it some how lets you sleep and you only have 30 minutes to get everyone up and be at work.  Those days when no matter how hard you try, you can't seem to do anything right... and there are plenty of people to let you know about it.  Those days where you end the day not physically tired, but emotionally drained.  done. exhausted. The white flag is now raised, I give up.  Please leave me alone.  Let me curl up in a ball so no one can see me because I'm so small.  (My kids and I always loved that children's book)

There are circumstances when you try this and it doesn't work.  So, you try something else and you seem to slip farther away from the goal.  You must remember that sometimes God just wants you to stop and be still.  There are times when God wants total dependency on Him.  He lets us try things our way and wonder why it is not working.  That's when we cry out to God and ask for help.  That is the moment that God has been waiting for.  For you to turn to Him.  To realize that you need Him.  In the middle of the storm you are going through, just take a deep breath and be still.  God knows your circumstances and He knows your heart.  He is just waiting for that invitation.

"The Lord will fight for you, you only have to be silent."  -  Exodus 14:14

"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  - Isiah 41:10

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."  - Psalm 18:2

No comments: