Saturday, May 6, 2017

My Baby Boy

This school year has gone by so fast.  As my kids get older, it seems to go faster.  Hoping at some point that time will once again slow down again.  The whole take time to smell the flowers kinda thing.  I have a yard full of irises, lilies, and peonies but not home very long to actually enjoy them. I am not going to complain though.  I wouldn't want it any other way... most of the time.

I have a senior again this year.  (Proof that God does have a sense of humor!  Seriously, have a 8 month old and find out your pregnant again!  hahaha.... after the tears!!)  It's is different from Joey's senior year.  Joey's there was A LOT of tears because there was the lots of "lasts".   His last time marching in the stadium for the last performance on the football field.  His last play.  His last spring concert.  You get the picture.  I was dehydrated before graduation!!  Luke's has kind of been the quite senior year.  All of a sudden and it's like what do you mean it's your last week of high school????  Wow!  I finally got a couple more senior photos done and I still haven't even got his cards printed!!


Isn't he handsome?  Yeah, I'm his Momma and I am supposed to think that.  He is my quite middle child.  My child that has taught me the most.  He has made me a better person and a better mother.  Through the years, I have learned to be strong and to fight for my kids.  The past 13 years of school has not been easy for Luke or me.  I have cried, prayed, pleaded, yelled, climbed the ladder until some one listened, and cried some more.  And, I would do it all over again.  He is worth it and so much more.  Parents don't give up.  YOU are your child's advocate.  If you won't do it, then no one will.  Don't always accept what some one in authority says.  You do what you believe is in the best interest of your child. 

We have had some wonderful teachers through the years.  They have hugged, been a shoulder of strength, and cried with me.  But, we have had some that really didn't care.  When Joey or Faith have a bad teacher, they deal with it and succeed despite the teacher.  When Luke had one of those teachers, it could ruin his whole year and affect his attitude towards the coming year.  You know your kids better than anyone else on this earth.  It's harder when the child is quite and keeps things to himself a lot, but I can't stress enough to take the time to notice their behavior and attitude.  It can tell you more than their words say when they get older.

We have made it to his senior year.   It's been an awesome year.  He finally has straight A's.  We've had a joke all year that it has taken him 13 years, but he finally got straight A's.  :D  I am proud of the person he is becoming.  Only God knows what his future holds, but God has brought us this far so my trust goes to Him.  Luke has learned a lot his senior year with a few great teachers that really care about him.  My prayer is that God will protect Luke and guide his footsteps.

No comments: