Thursday, October 3, 2013

Joey, Luke, and Faith


My little 5 pound baby boy has turned into a 16 year old!  Well, Monday is his birthday.  It is just hard to believe that he is in 10th grade just two years away from graduating!  :(  Can we stop time for a little while and let me just enjoy these days while I can?  Once school starts the busyness increases.  Band practice twice a week after school.  Friday night is high school football with (of course) the band.  I just want to enjoy these years with him.  Not rush through them.  I love this picture of him.  Monsters Inc. was the first movie that I ever took them to in the theater.  I look at this picture of him and Mike and think of the first time he saw it in the theater and was amazed how big the screen was!  I've been teasing him that for his 16th birthday that I would throw him a Quinceañera.  He always tells me that he is not Mexican and it's the wrong birthday.  :D

Faith is still fundraising for soccer.  She has been selling some para-cord bracelets at school.  I've made some burlap door hangers.  BUT, the price is about $2,000 for just two of us.  So, without some big fundraising and donations, we may not be able to go.  We are trying until the end though!!!  We are praying that God will provide and bless our efforts.  We have a rummage sale coming up that will be for the 6 of us.  As well as a pancake breakfast at Applebees.  Hopefully that will bring the costs down!!  If you know of anything that can help, please let me know!

Luke is a construction class this year at the high school, then they bus him back to the junior high.  He is also in FFA for the first year and in a beginning welding class.  Luke is enjoying school again.  He has more classes that he likes compared to the basics that he is required to have.  :)  Of course, we still need to work on his reading.

I look at my family and I am know that I am blessed.  And I am thankful for God's watchful eyes keeping us safe.  It is hard to believe that my babies are so big, but I know what a blessing it is to be a Mom.  I am thankful.

No comments: